SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Ready-to-Use Gum Paste
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Course 3 Student Kit (9 in. Fondant Roller, 2-Piece Mum Cutter Set, Thin Fondant Shaping Foam, Veining Tool used)
- Course 3 Student Guide
- Icing Colors: Lemon Yellow, Orange
- Gum Glue Adhesive Recipe
- 2-Pc. Flower Shaping Bowls
- Gold Pearl Dust Edible Accents
- 5-Pc. Decorator Brush Set
- 6"x3" Round Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- Cake Leveler
- 6" Cake Circles
- 9" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- White Decorator Preferred™ Fondant (24 oz. used)
- 20" Fondant Roller w/Guide Rings
- Fondant Smoother
- Fondant Trimmer
- Aluminum foil
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (9 cups batter needed)
- Cake pedestal
1. Make flowers 1 day in advance. Use fondant roller to roll out gum paste less than 1/16" thick. Use mum cutter to make approximately 36 double daisies according to Course 3 Student Guide instructions. Tint 1-1/2" dia. ball gum paste yellow. Use yellow gum paste to roll 1/4" dia. centers; flatten slightly.
Prepare gum glue adhesive following recipe directions and attach centers. Make extra flowers to allow for breakage. Dry in large flower shaping bowl overnight. Use aluminum foil to shape extra flower shaping bowls if needed.
Use brush to brush gold Pearl Dust edible accents on centers.
2. Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake three 6" cake layers, and allow to cool. Level, fill and stack 6" cakes on a cake circle for a 3-layer cake, 5" high. Use spatula and white decorator icing to lightly ice cake.
3. Cover cake with fondant. Tint white fondant pastel orange. Use 20" fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cake with fondant. Position cake on pedestal stand.
4. Decorate cake. Use icing to attach daisies around cake in 3 rows, with bottom row extending beyond bottom edge of cake and top row extending beyond top edge of cake.