Daisy Duke Denim Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12'x12' Denim Stack
- DCWV® Self-Adhesive Rhinestone Embellishments—red round, white pearl (2 sizes), clear star, small round clear, and large red heart rhinestones
- 12'x12' white cardstock sheets
- 12'x12' yellow cardstock sheet
- 1' red ribbon
- 1-1/2" red and white stripe ribbon
- Cricut® die cut machine with “Flower Shoppe" cartridge
- Sewing machine with variety of thread colors
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper trimmer
- 1/4' hole punch
1. Using a random piece of cardstock, sketch a template in the shape of a pocket. Cut this out.
2. Trace pocket shape onto the back side of desired prints from the Denim stack. Number of “pockets" needed will be determined by number of letters in word on banner, one pocket per letter. Cut out.
3. Punch a hole at the top right and left corner of each pocket (total of 2 holes per pocket), approximately 1/2' in from the top and side border.
4. Using a sewing machine and thread, run 2 straight stitches around the edge of each pocket to create an authentic denim look.
5. Embellish the pockets in different ways using the various rhinestone embellishments.
6. Cut a 3' length of twine for each hole in the banner. Tie each pocket to the next one to link the pieces all together. Embellish the twine by adding a knot of striped and plain ribbon between each pocket.
7. Using the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge or another paper flower template, create a layered 2-1/2' flower for each pocket shape from the white and yellow cardstock pieces. Adhere onto banner.