Dancing Waters Altered T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® – Moody Blues
- Turquoise fitted T-shirt
- Silk organza or other sheer natural fabric for peplum (enough to go around bottom of T-shirt 3 times)
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Pinking shears
1. Wash fabric and do not dry. Lay out damp fabric flat on work surface covered with plastic table cover.
2. Cut a long strip of damp fabric approximately three times the width of T-shirt and 8" wide.
3. Gather fabric randomly and tie with rubber bands from kit.
4. Mix dyes according to package instructions.
5. Apply dye colors randomly to tied fabric.
6. Allow fabric to set for 6-8 hours.
7. Remove rubber bands and rinse fabric under cool running water.
8. Wash fabric and allow to dry.
9. Sew a loose gather stitch along long edge of fabric strip. Gather fabric until it goes around the hem of T-shirt and meets at the middle front.
10. Pin gathered strip around hem of shirt, right sides together, until ends meet at middle front, about 5" above shirt bottom.
11. Sew ruffle to shirt bottom.
12. Use pinking shears to trim off excess T-shirt fabric and around hemline.