Dandelion String Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam
- Provided template
- 3 FloraCraft foam blocks: 6-3/4"x12"x1-1/4"
- 1/4 yd canvas fabric
- Embroidery floss: brown & white
- Straight Pins: 1-1/4"
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Serrated knife
1. Cut 1-3/4" from the 12" edge of each foam block with the serrated knife. The 3 blocks measure 5"x12"x1-1/4".
2. Cut three 16"x9" pieces of canvas.
3. Center a foam block in the center of each piece of canvas. Pull the canvas edges tightly up around the foam block. Glue the edges at the back of the block to secure. Fold the corners neatly to create square corners.
4. Print the templates to 100%. Lay the template over the canvas. Push in the pins following the template. Gently tear away the paper template to reveal the pins. Repeat for all three canvas rectangles.
5. Tie one end of the brown floss to the bottom pin at the stem. Follow the pins around the bottom leaves. Zigzag on up to the top of the stem. From the center of the flower, string the floss in a starburst pattern out to the first ring of pins from the center. String the floss out to the second ring of pins in a starburst pattern following the pins. Cut floss at the end and tie the end to a pin.
6. Tie one end of the white floss to the pin at the top of the outside ring. Zigzag the white floss back and forth around the two outer rings of pins as shown. Reverse the pattern to string a second coat of white for heavier coverage. Cut the end of the floss. Tie it to another pin. Continue stringing in the same way to complete the art.
7. Repeat process for the remaining 2 canvas rectangles.