Darker Twin Flamingo Mask
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sheet of fuchsia glitter felt 9" x 12"
- Sheet of pink rose glitter felt 9" x 12"
- Sheet of pink polka dotted felt 12" x 17"
- Sheet of black felt
- Sheet of white felt
- Small animal eyes (2)
- Bag of pink feathers
- Bottle of Fabri-Tec glue
- Downloaded template
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Trace the base pattern onto the dark glitter felt.
- Using scissors cut out the base shape.
- Then trace out each eyelash and trim for beak onto the black felt and cut them out.
- Trace the beaks onto the pink rose glitter felt and cut them out.
- Trace the white thin eyelashes, back of eyelashes and beak onto the white felt and cut them out.
- Trace the wings onto the pink rose glitter felt and cut them out.
- Trace the smaller wings onto the polka dotted felt and cut them out.
- Place each piece on top of the dark glitter base to do a test run. Glue the pink glitter wings in place.
- Glue the pink polka dotted wings in place, but don’t put glue all the way to the edges.
- Trim bits of the pink feather. Apply glue to the small bits and tuck in under the wings and eyelashes to give it fluff.
- Do the same thing to both sides of the birds so that they will match.
- Take the animal eyes and cut off the back screw so that the eyes will lay flat.
- Glue the eyes in place.
- Glue each top piece onto the piece below to create the beaks.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon for ties on the backside of the mask.
- Glue the ribbon near the side s of the mask on the back.
- Cut 2 small squares and glue them on top of the ribbon to help anchor the ribbon to the mask.