1. Cut a strip of fabric 10" by length of fabric, 54". To create a longer sash, cut two 10" strips to be sewn together. (To vary sash widths, cut thinner or wide strips, noting that these will be folded over. For example, a 10" strip creates a 4 1/2" wide sash). If creating a long, seamless sash, simply cut strip vertically from fabric.
2. If creating a longer sash with a seam, pin the two pieces together, wrong sides together, end-to-end. Stitch together with 1/4" seam, press seam. This creates a longer sash belt. (Note after sewing the seam, simply adjust the midpoint of the sash and trim off one end to create a sash where the seam does not show in front if sash resting at side is preferred.)
3. Fold sash lengthwise with right sides together. Cut each at 45 degree angle.
4. Pin in place and sew around the raw edges and angled ends with a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a 5" opening, to turn out the finished sash.
5. Through the opening, gently pull out the right side of the sash. Push out angled corners and press flat.
6. Hand or machine stitch opening closed.
7. If embellishing, locate the midpoint on the finished sash and apply adhesives pearls and rhinestones.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>