SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yd. Foil Crinkle in pink fabric (or more for a longer, seamless sash)
- Sewing thread
- Adhesive pearls
1. Cut a strip of fabric 10" by length of fabric, 54". To create a longer sash, cut two 10" strips to be sewn together. (To vary sash widths, cut thinner or wide strips, noting that these will be folded over. For example, a 10" strip creates a 4 1/2" wide sash). If creating a long, seamless sash, simply cut strip vertically from fabric.
2. If creating a longer sash with a seam, pin the two pieces together, wrong sides together, end-to-end. Stitch together with 1/4" seam, press seam. This creates a longer sash belt. (Note after sewing the seam, simply adjust the midpoint of the sash and trim off one end to create a sash where the seam does not show in front if sash resting at side is preferred.)
3. Fold sash lengthwise with right sides together. Cut each at 45 degree angle.
4. Pin in place and sew around the raw edges and angled ends with a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a 5" opening, to turn out the finished sash.
5. Through the opening, gently pull out the right side of the sash. Push out angled corners and press flat.
6. Hand or machine stitch opening closed.
7. If embellishing, locate the midpoint on the finished sash and apply adhesives pearls and rhinestones.