David Tutera Ribbon Tie Clutch
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 9"x13" Chiffon Ribbon Rose in Coral
- 9"x13" interior fabric
- 9"x13" fusible fleece interfacing
- 9"x13" lightweight fusible interfacing (optional, may be necessary if exterior fabric is sheer)
- Sewing machine
- 60" ribbon such as satin or grosgrain
1. Following product directions, carefully fuse interfacing to wrong side of exterior fabric.
2. On one end of the exterior fabric piece, locate mid point. (Note, if there is directionality to the fabric, this will be the top). Fold ribbon in half, making one side slightly longer than the other. Pin ribbon to mid point of exterior fabric, with ribbon tails toward middle of fabric piece. Be sure that longer ribbon is on the bottom. Baste stitch ribbon in place, 1/4" from edge.
3. With exterior fabric and interfacing fused together, layer interior and exterior fabric pieces right sides together. Ribbon pieces will be tucked inside. Pin in place and stitch around edge with a 1/4" seam allowance, being cautious to not stitch ribbon tucked inside. Leave a 4" opening at bottom of rectangle.
4. Trim seams to 1/8" and trim corners on the diagonal.
5. Carefully turn out the right sides of the clutch through opening. Gently push out corners and press.
6. Now fold up bottom of rectangle (opposite end of ribbon) about 4" creating the clutch bottom. Pin in place. Stitch up the sides, back-stitching at each end to secure the folded portion.
7. Fold over flap and wrap around ribbon to tie secure.