Deco Mesh Halloween Cones
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraftÂ® foam:
- cones: 12", 9"
- balls: 4", two 11â„2"
- Deco mesh: black & purple
- Ribbon: 2 coordinating colors
- Black acrylic paint
- Black feathers
- Black glitter
- White craft wire
- Heavy purple decorative wire
- 1/8" wiggle eyes
- Black tape
- Craft stick
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Floral S pins
1. Using toothpick for a handle, paint the 11â„2" foam balls black. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Once dry, glue the wiggle eyes in place on the balls. Shape white craft wire into fangs & glue them in place under the eyes. Cut small triangles from the black tape & glue to the top of the head for ears. Glue a feather to each side of the body for wings.
2. Gather the end of the black mesh & pin to the bottom edge of the 12" cone. Keep the mesh gathered together & wrap tightly around the cone. Slightly overlap each wrap to completely cover the cone. Pin the mesh again at the top of the cone to secure in place. Repeat this step with purple mesh to cover the 9" cone.
3. Cut off a small slice from the top & the bottom of the ball. This will help the tree stand upright & give a flat surface to attach the cone.
4. Cut 6" lengths of black mesh. Gather the lengths together so they are about 1" wide. Pin one end of the mesh length to the top center of the ball. Wrap it down the side of the ball & pin again at the bottom edge of the ball. Pin another piece opposite of this piece to divide the ball in half. Pin two more lengths in the same way to divide the ball into quarters. Fill in the four bare sections with lengths of mesh to completely cover. Glue a craft stick half way into the top of the ball. Glue the cone onto the other end of the craft stick on top of the ball.
5. Pin lengths of ribbon spiraling down each of the mesh trees. Pin a small bow to the top of each of the trees.
6. To attach the bats, cut lengths of the purple wire & bend them into misshapen spirals. Glue one end into the bottom of the bat & the other end into the cone.