Deco Mesh Pumpkin Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Roll large Deco Mesh orange glitter
- 3yd spool seasonal ribbon
- 5 Seasonal floral picks of choice
- Pkg of 6mm orange chenille stems
- Tape measure
- Wire cutters
1. Cut twenty four, 12" strips of Deco Mesh.
2. Roll one Deco Mesh strip the direction it was rolled in the package, while keeping the mesh even and tight.
3. Use one chenille stem to wrap tightly around the bottom 2â€ of the rolled Deco Mesh piece. Leave about 2" of the chenille stem on one side, the rest of the stem will be used to attach the next 3 rolls.
4. Repeat step 3 for the top of the Deco Mesh rolled piece.
5. Roll another Deco Mesh strip as in step 2, place it next to the already rolled piece and attach it using the long end of the chenille stem.
6. Attach the chenille stem by wrapping the long end of the stem around the second Deco Mesh piece and pull it under and between the two mesh pieces (make sure itâ€™s tied tight).
7. Once the rolled Deco Mesh pieces are attached, extend the chenille stem by tying on another stem if needed.
8. Attach four more pre-cut and rolled Deco Mesh pieces to the already tied four piece section.
9. Repeat steps 2-8 two more times. There will be three groups of eight Deco Mesh strips rolled and tied together with the chenille stems.
10. Use the reserved 2â€ of the chenille stems to attach all three sections together on the top and the bottom.
11. Fold the 2â€ ends of the Deco Mesh into the top and bottom to create the pumpkin.
12. To make the bow, use 3 yds of ribbon and leave 20" at the end for the tail.
13. Make the first bow loop by holding the end of the ribbon and fold the ribbon up and out from the center. At the desired loop height, fold the ribbon back down. Pinch the end of the ribbon at the bottom of the first loop together.
14. Repeat step 13 and twist to make additional bow loops. Increase and decrease the loop length to add dimension to the bow.
15. When finished with the bow loops, use one chenille stem and wrap it around the pinched ends in the center of the bow.
16. Place the bow on top of the pumpkin and add 6-8 floral accent pieces in the bow as an accent.