SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Large frame (16"x20" shown)
- Home decor fabric
- Faux leather/vinyl home décor fabric
- Large wood purse handles
- FolkArt® Home Decor™ Chalk: Sheepskin
- FolkArt® Home Decor™ Wax: Clear
- Upholstery tacks
- Wire cutters
- Super glue
- Protected work surface
1. Remove glass from frame. Paint entire frame using Home Decor™ Chalk. Allow to dry. Reapply additional coats for best coverage.
2. Apply a coat of Home Decor™ Wax to entire frame. Allow to dry.
3. Cut home decor fabric to fit frame size. Insert fabric and glass into frame.
4. Cut 2 strips from faux leather/vinyl to fit through purse handle slits.
5. Determine position of handles on side of frame. Lightly sand alongside of frame where handles will be positioned. This will help glue adhere properly.
6. Wrap faux leather/vinyl including handles around the sides of the frame. Adhere to back and inside frame with super glue. Glue handles to sides of frame to stabilize.
7. Gently nail upholstery tacks in place. If using a plastic frame, cut the stems off the upholstery tacks and glue to faux leather.