Decorating Bags Tips
WILTON DECORATING TIPS
The tip determines the shape of the decoration. There are 6 basic tip families, each of which is available in various sizes.
- STAR: Star tips make decorative stars to fill in character cakes and for borders of stars, shells and zigzags.
- ROUND: Use smaller round tips for vines, stems, dots, lettering, outlines, beads & figure piping.
- PETAL: Creates beautiful flowers like ribbon roses and the famous Wilton Rose. Ruffles are also achieved with petal tips like tip 104.
- DROP FLOWER: To make the standard star drop flower, hold the bag up straight & squeeze, or, twist your wrist to make a swirl drop flower.
- LEAF: Each style can make a basic leaf, ruffled leaf or stand-up leaf depending on the techniques used while squeezing the bag.
- SPECIALTY: Use the elongated round tip 230 to fill eclairs, bismarcks & cupcakes. The multi-opening tip 233 creates clusters of strings for flowers & grass.
WILTON FEATHERWEIGHT BAGS & COUPLERS
Strong, reusable bags made of flexible coated polyester. Lightweight, dishwasher safe. Sizes from 8" to 18".
- Specially coated to prevent any seepage of grease, Featherweight Bags are the most durable choice.
- Use Couplers to change decorating tips easily on the same icing bag. The 2 parts of the Coupler are the base and the ring. They fit together to hold the decorating tip in place.
- Featherweight Bags can be used with or without a Coupler. To use without a Coupler, drop the tip inside the bag with the narrow end pointing down.
- Remove Coupler; wash in dishwasher or in hot, sudsy water after each use.