Decorative Home Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Silver Lining Stack
- Foam balls in assorted sizes (5)
- 3-4 yards of 1" sheer silver ribbon
- 1" to 1-1/2"paper crafting circle punch
- Fringe scissors & straight scissors
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Straight pins
- Punch out several circles from desired prints in the Silver Linings Stack (enough to cover 3 of the foam balls). Set aside momentarily.
- Cut several 1" strips from desired prints in the stack (enough to cover 2 of the foam balls). Use the fringe scissors to add a custom edge to each piece, leaving approximately 1/4" section on the top of each strip uncut.
- Cut varying lengths of ribbon to use for hanging the balls. Attach one end of each strip to the top of each ball, adding a pin and a section of hot glue (if desired) to hold each respective piece in place.
- Beginning on the lower section of the first ball, adhere a strip of fringe cut paper around the contour as shown (fringe on the bottom edge), attaching the non-fringe side only to the ball. Note: If the strip is too short to make a complete loop, add an additional section of fringe-cut paper to complete the ring around the ball. Repeat the process until the entire ball is covered from top to bottom, the fringe from the top strips covering the solid section of each strip that is just underneath.
- Repeat step 4 until the 2nd ball is covered.
- Take the circles from step 1 and, beginning with the 3rd ball, adhere them one at a time by one side only (leave the other side loose). Continue until the ball is covered.
- Repeat step 6 with the 2 remaining foam balls.