1. Paint one pot orange and one turquoise. Allow to dry.
2. Use 9" cone and turquoise mesh. Work directly from the roll. Fold end of the mesh in half lengthwise. Fold the cut end back on itself to hide the raw edges. Use floral pin to secure folded end to the cone 2" from the bottom. Pin at the top of the fold; allow the bottom edges to hang free. Allow the mesh to overlap 1" at the bottom edge of the cone. Keep mesh folded lengthwise while working.
3. Measure 6" from the first pin. Fold mesh back on itself to create a pleat or ruffle. Pin the pleat to the cone 1" from the first pin. Pleat and pin mesh around the bottom of the cone. Cut the mesh, fold cut edge under and pin in place.
4. Repeat steps to add another 5 rows of pleated/ruffled mesh. Pin next row of mesh 1-1/2" up from the prior row to make ruffled layers. Make pleats slightly smaller closer to the top. Push pins in and down at an angle toward the top of the cone. Tie small mesh bow at the top of the topiary. Glue in place.
5. Repeat process to create second topiary with the 6" cone and orange mesh.
6. Glue a 3" ball inside each clay pot.
7. Cut the 12" wood dowel in half. Center and glue a dowel in the top of each ball. Glue the mesh topiaries onto the dowels.
8. Embellish topiary with buttons.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >