Decorative Wood Projects
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow Creative Woodburner Value Pen or Creative VersaTool *
- Ready-to-finish wood items: tray, box, stool, etc.
- Transparent Acrylic Color or Liquid Permanent Dye Ink, several colors
- StazOn Black ink pad
- Several rubber stamps: background with text, words or script
- Colored pencils
- Fine sandpaper
- Flat paintbrush
* Only use this item with adult supervision.
Note: Read and follow manufacturer's instructions for setting up, changing points and using hot woodburning tools. Remember to use pliers when changing points. When working with hot tools, use them on a glass, ceramic, or stainless steel surface, ensuring your work area will not be damaged.
- Sand wood surface with fine sandpaper until smooth.
- Paint wood surface with a thin wash of transparent acrylic color or permanent liquid dye ink, diluted with water (50/50 ratio). Let wood surface dry.
- Using StazOn ink, randomly stamp design with background text images onto painted wood. Stamp more designs on top of text or overlapping images to create a collage effect.
- Using Walnut Hollow Creative Wood Burner Value Pen or Creative VersaTool , with Flow Point attached, wood burn onto some of the stamped image lines. This will give a layered, textured, collage effect. The Stamping Points from The Creative VersaTool can also be used to hot stamp additional designs onto the wood, creating an added design element.
- Emphasize more of the stamped images by coloring images with colored pencils.