SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ready-to-finish wooden letters
- Scrapbook papers in colors of choice
- Decoupage medium
- Ribbons in coordinating colors
- 1-1/2" brush
- Waxed paper
- Paper towels
- Tear scrapbook paper into strips about 2" wide and as long as necessary to cover the front, sides, and extend to the back of the wooden letter.
- Work on a surface protected by waxed paper. Use a separate piece of waxed paper for brushing on decoupage medium to the front and back of each paper strip. Change this piece of paper every 10-12 strips. Place scrapbook paper strip on waxed paper and brush on decoupage medium. Flip scrapbook paper over and brush medium on other side. Lift scrapbook paper from waxed paper and lay across wooden letter, smoothing top first, then sides, and finally wrapping toward the back.
- Fill in "difficult" spots first, using very narrow strips, saturated in decoupage medium.
- Tear paper deliberately, depending upon whether you want the white torn edge to show or not.
- At the top and bottom of each letter, finish off the edges as though you were wrapping a package. Fold in the excess and tuck it onto the back of the letter. Hold for a moment, if necessary, with your fingers to ensure that it adheres.
- Tie on ribbons to embellish.