Decoupage Tissue Paper Jar and Yarn Wrapped Jar
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 Mason&® Jars
- Colorful Tissue Paper
- Modge Podge&®
- Spray Adhesive
Decoupaged Tissue Paper Jar:
1. Cut (approx. 3 sheets) tissue paper into squares.
2. Apply Modge Podge lightly with paintbrush, working in small areas, and layer on tissue paper.
3. Repeat step 2 until jar is completely covered. Allow to dry.
4. Cover tissue paper with another light layer of Modge Podge&®. Allow to dry.
Yarn Wrapped Jar:
1. Spray about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of jar with spray adhesive.
2. Wrap yarn around jar, starting at the bottom. Wrap as many times as necessary for stripe of color desired.
3. Alternate colors and widths as desired. Spray as needed, moving about 1/4 of the way up the jar each time so that adhesive remains sticky while wrapping yarn. Be careful not to spray the already wrapped yarn.
4. Create a pom-pom: Make a small loop of yarn over and over (about 8-10 times). Cut the end of the last loop. Tie a knot around the middle of the looped yarn. Snip the top of each looped end.