Delightfully Decorative Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden letters, to spell DREAM, or word of your choice
- 3 Paints in coordinating colors
- 1 ea. of five coordinating 12"x12" papers in assorted patterns & colors (or enough for each letter of chosen word.)
- 2 to 3 Trims and ribbons
- Scrapbook embellishments
- Mod Podge
- 1" brush
- Glue stick
- Exacto Knife
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Adhesive Dots, medium size
- Arrange the 5 coordinating papers in a pleasing order. Paint each letter the color that coordinates best with each paper. When dry, sand the letters to remove all rough edges; wipe away dust. Repaint edges and backs of letters.
- Place each letter right side up on the selected paper, also right side up. Draw around the outline, leaving some excess paper around the edge. Apply glue from glue stick to the right side of the wooden letter and place it glue side down to the wrong side of the paper. Turn the letter and paper over and "massage" the paper into the glue, eliminating any bubbles and pressing firmly to the outside edges of the letter. When glue is dry, trim excess paper away using a sharp Exacto knife.
- Brush on several coats of Mod Podge for shine and durability. Let dry. Glue the letters together, overlapping some, to create the arrangement you want. Try to overlap letters sufficiently that they have stability as a unit.
- Embellish with trims, ribbons, scrapbook embellishments, wire and beads, etc., using adhesive dots to anchor.