SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 6" Amplify razor-edge scissors
- Fiskars® pinking shears
- Old jeans/denim suitable for re-purposing
- Bazzill flower embellishments
- Felt scraps
- Fabric scraps
- Basic hand sewing supplies
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Use the small Amplify sewing scissors to carefully snip away the pockets from the jeans.
2. Express your own style by embellishing the back pockets as much or a little as desired.
3. Make a fabric flower using cotton fabric scraps and sew to the front of one pocket by hand.
4. Make a rickrack flower by intertwining two lengths of rickrack, then rolling it into a spiral. Use a hot glue gun to keep the flower from unraveling and to adhere it to the front of another pocket.
5. Stitch buttons to third pocket and some store bought embellishments to another for some added “bling."
6. To finish, cut the word "love" from felt and added a letter to four of the pockets.
7. Run a length of ribbon between each pocket and glue them on along the top edge.
8. Back each pocket with felt to add stability to the banner.