Denim Pocket Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 yd of 1" ribbon
- Darice Stone Setter embellishment tool
- 5 mm gems & backings
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut back pocket from jeans at least 1" from edge of pocket.
- Following Stone Setter package directions, apply gems and embellishments to pocket as desired.
- From the leg portion of the jeans, cut a piece of denim 2-1/2"x36" to be used for the strap. Using the pocket section cut in step one as a pattern, cut a piece of denim to be used for the back. Cut 2 additional pieces from jeans or contrasting fabric to be used as lining.
- With right sides together, sew front to back 1/2" from edge of pocket.
- Fold in edges of strap toward the middle, place ribbon on top to cover raw edges and sew in place along edges. Stitch to sides of purse.
- With right sides together, sew sides and bottom of lining, leaving a 3" opening for turning. Turn purse inside out, place lining in purse with right sides together, sew along top edge. Turn purse right side out, sew lining opening closed and tuck lining into purse. Top stitch top edge if desired.