Devilishly Fun Treat Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd red vinyl
- 1/4 yd pink vinyl
- 1/8 yd black vinyl
- 1/8 yd blue vinyl
- 1 pr large wiggle eyes
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Chalk or marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo. Seam allowances 1/2", unless noted. RS = Right side(s) WS = Wrong side(s)
1. Cut two 13"x15" pieces of vinyl for front/back bag.
2. Cut two 4"x25" strips of vinyl for straps.
3. Following template instructions, cut out mouth, eyebrows, ears, tail & collars. Place mouth, eyes, eyebrows & collar on front of bag. Hot-glue in place.
4. EARS: Make 2. RS together & raw edges even, pin 2 ear pieces together. Stitch with 3/8" seam allowance; leave straight edge open for turning. Clip curves & trim corners. Turn RS out. Top stitch 1/2" from inside edge.
5. TAIL: RS together & raw edges even, stitch 2 tail pieces, with 3/8" seam allowance. Leave small straight edge open for turning. Clip curves; trim corners. Turn RS out, edge stitch all sides.
6. Baste ears & tail to front bag piece, with raw edges even.
7. Pin and stitch front & back of bag along sides & bottom edge. Trim corners. Turn RS out. Fold top edge of bag 1" to the WS. Edge stitch close to raw edge.
8. STRAPS: Fold strap piece in half to 2", RS together & raw edges even. Stitch along short edges & long edge; leave 4" open on long edge for turning. Trim corners. Turn RS out. Edge stitch sides. Center & pin strap edges to front & back of bag. Top stitch a square to secure strap to bag. Repeat for all strap edges.