Diagonally Painted T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint Pots -- Velveteen/Metallic
- Tulip Glam-It Up Iron-On Crystals - Crystal 4mm
- Palette knife
- 1" wide low-tack fabric tape
- Textile heat tool
- Iron with good steam
- For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheet. When dry, insert cardboard between layers of shirt.
- Tape off three diagonal stripes across front of shirt starting at left side of neck opening. Add tape at left bottom corner to create a small triangle. Tape off a long triangle on each sleeve about 1" from seam. Please refer to photo for placement. Press edges of tape down to prevent seepage of paint when it is applied.
- Cut Tulip Soft Fabric Paint pots apart. Cut lids off of White and Platinum Metallic and Black and White Velveteen. Start with White Metallic and pick up a small amount of paint on tip of palette knife. Spread paint onto shirt between tape leaving most of shirt color showing. Repeat with Platinum. Repeat these steps on sleeve area also. Let dry slightly.
- Apply paint as above using White Velveteen and then Black Velveteen. Apply sparingly without ridges. Color of shirt should show through in areas. Remove all tape and let dry.
- Allow iron to heat up and have steam on. Hold iron about 1/2" above paint long enough for steam to activate Velveteen paint. Avoid over steaming.
- Cut ends of sleeves off on lower edge of painted stripe.
- Cut neck into a V, starting on edge of painted stripe on left side of neck. Refer to photo.
- Place Tulip Glam-It Up Iron-On Crystals between stripes at neck and on sleeves, applying with preheated textile tool. Pressure is not needed as long as heat source is touching Crystal for 15 to 25 seconds.
- Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch design with iron. Do not dry clean.