Diagram of a flower
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Elmer's items: Paintastics Paint Brush Pens Washable School Glue Stick
- White drawing paper
- Colored construction paper
- Flower reference diagram from textbook or online resource
- Find a flower reference diagram in a textbook or online. On several pieces of construction paper, begin drawing each flower part individually. If possible, use a different color of paper for each part. Use white paper for the petals.
- Cut out each flower part.
- Arrange the flower parts. Before gluing them down, practice arranging the flower parts onto the white drawing paper, leaving enough room around the flower for writing the names of the parts.
- Glue the flower parts to the drawing paper. Using Elmer's School Glue Stick, begin gluing each flower part to the drawing paper, starting with the stalk. Make sure you glue each flower part in its proper place. Use your textbook or online flower diagram for reference.
- Once all parts are glued down, start labeling them. First, using the ruler, draw a straight line from each part, then write the name of that part on the line. Use your textbook or online flower diagram for reference.
- Decorate the flower. When all parts are labeled, use Elmer's Paintastics paint brush pens to add color to the petals.