1. Spray paint exterior of boxes & lids. Let dry. Repeat for second coat.
2. Remove lid from large box and place rubber band around box. Slip folded burp cloths under rubber band.
3. Fill inside of box with more burp clothes, Onesies® or any gift for baby. Replace lid.
4. Repeat for medium size box, except cover with Onesies®, folded with cardboard as they are packaged. Fill box with more gifts and replace lid.
5. For small box, repeat with burp clothes as for large box. Fill small box with pacifiers, small stuffed animals or headbands.
6. Stack the 3 boxes together. Starting at bottom and working upward, embellish “cake” with rows of ribbon that also cover the rubber bands. Pin in place at back of cake. Tie one ribbon in a bow at front of cake, leaving ribbon tails.
7. Glue an applique to center of bow. Pin other in place for decoration, but so they can come off and burp cloths & Onesies® can be used.
8. Iron small appliques on each hat. Stuff each hat with a burp cloth or Onesie® to make stand up.
9. Arrange moss or excelsior on top of small box. Place the 3 hats & baby topper and finish with flower clips.