1. Wash t-shirt without fabric softener.
2. Following the instruction on the dye package, prepare the dye in a large bowl, and submerge the bottom third of the tee. The dye will slowly seep up, creating a gradual ombre effect. Let sit for 45 minutes.
3. To rinse, put the tee under a faucet with the water in a constant downward flow. Do not ‘scrunch’ the fabric or allow the dyed portion to come in contact with the un-dyed portion. Hang over an old rag and drip dry.
4. Using the Styling Design Ruler to trace smooth and even curves, cut the sleeves off. Next, trace and cut a deep scoop neck, through both layers, that is as deep as the bottom of the sleeve holes.
5. Turn the tee sideways, and open up the sleeve holes - these are now the handles. Lay flat in this new position, so that the sides are now the front and back.
6. Using the cover button templates and fabric marker, trace the design onto the fabric - we traced the inner hole of the size 36 template for our first circle, and the outer circumference of the size 30 and 45 for the other two circles. Be sure to add an extra 1/4" to the spacing between circles, to account for the embroidery stitches.
7. Insert wax paper or cardboard between the fabric layers and trace the circles with Liquid Stitch. Let dry. This provides a more stiff and consistent surface to stitch over, while adding durability to the raw edges.
8. When dry, cut out the center of all the circles.
9. To finish the cut-outs, stitch over the glued edges. Use the weave of the knit as a guide to space the stitches all the way around.
Tip: To help the circles keep their shape, run the thread through the back of all the stitches and tie.
10. Turn the tee inside out and sew the bottom of the tee together to close up the bag.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>