DIY Rag Garland
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Strand of light or jute rope
- 1/3 yard of 8 different fabrics – Country Solids & Symphony Broadcloth recommended?
- plastic Easter eggs?
- clear stringing wire (optional)
- Cut 1/2" snips along the short edge of the fabric. The snip allows you to rip 1/2" wide fabric widths, giving it a frayed edge. Cut the 45" strips into fourths (roughly 11" or so). Do that with all the fabric and then separate the colors into different colored piles. It makes it easier for the next step if they are semi-organized.
- Tie the fabric in a knot around the light strand or jute rope. Make it as full as desired. The more pieces of fabric, the fuller it will be.
- Alternate colors until the garland is the desired length.
- Hang the garland in place. Optional: As an added bonus for Easter, use some clear stringing wire and thread the wire through the top of the Easter eggs. Tie those onto the garland. Add candy, notes, bible verses, money, or any other little trinkets inside. When Easter is over, simply cut the clear wire and save the eggs for next year.