DMC Resolution Tassel Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DMC® Light Effects – Dark Gold
- DMC® Embroidery Scissor
- Blue Moon® chain
- Darice®:Serenity CharmBlack ClaspHeart CharmJump Rings
- Jewelry pliers
1. Cut a 10' piece of ordinary string and one 24' length of Light Effects. Do not remove label from skein.
2. Thread the string through the loops on one end of the Light Effects skein. Tie a tight double knot at the top center.
3. Using sharp scissors, cut bottom loops of skein to make tassel. Remove label.
4. Secure tassel 3/8' from top by binding with the 24' length of Light Effects – tie thread onto tassel leaving a short 5' end. Start wrapping long end of thread around tassel tightly about 15 times. Tie two ends together then thread each end onto a large eye needle and work through the wound rows to secure. Pull ends tight then trim close.
5. Use a comb to separate threads, wetting lightly if necessary. Trim bottom ends so they are even.
6. Thread desired length of chain through center on top loops. Remove and discard string.
7. Attach toggle closure to ends with jump rings.
8. To add additional charms, attach large jump rings to chain on each side of tassel top. Thread short lengths of chain with charms onto the large jump rings for added decoration.