Suitable for small dogs only.
1. Select a small sheet of wood to be placed on top of the second slat on the crate for the dog pillow to sit on. This wood will be painted and covered by the pillow, so top grade lumber is not required.
2. Measure the opening between the slats to get the right thickness of wood.
3. With a pencil and mark a line on the wood for the width and length of the crate.
4. Cut the wood to above measurements.
5. Remove the slat second from the bottom on one side of the crate.
6. Paint the entire crate, sheet of wood and mini pallet, with Sheepskin. Allow to dry.
7. Paint the entire crate, sheet of wood and mini pallet with Vintage Victorian. Allow to dry.
8. Slide the sheet of wood in place on top of the second slat and glue it in place. Reinforce as needed.
9. Sand the edges of the crate and mini pallet for distressed look.
10. Wax with clear wax.
11. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
12. Using a dark pencil, rub on the back of the paper template.
13. Tape the crown in the center on the top slat- trace over the crown.
14. Tape down the lettering “Welcome to My Throne” on the slat below, centering it. Use a pencil and trace over the “Welcome to My Throne”.
15. Remove crown and lettering templates.
16. Using the transfers as a guide, fill in with the gold metallic maker.
17. Use the black Sharpie marker and highlight the shadow side of the crown and lettering. Refer to photo.
18. Once crate and pallet are dry, apply Home Decor Wax.
19. Create pillow using faux fur or desired fabric.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.