SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letters: D, O, G
- Paint: tan, dark brown, red
- Paintbrushes: 1/2” flat, small detail, small round
- Scrapbook paper: dark brown, red, white textured
- Paw print ribbons
- White alphabet stickers
- Pinking shears
- Glue stick
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue
- Gloss spray varnish
- Circle template, optional
1. Paint edges and backs of letters red. Slightly extend the red onto the front of the letters. Let dry.
2. Paint the top surface of the letters tan, leaving a narrow edge of red paint showing. When dry, apply a second coat. Let dry.
3. For paw prints along bottom of letters, trace on a half circle, and then draw on the curved remainder of the paw print. Trace three along the bottom of each letter. Paint in the shape with dark brown paint. Using the handle end of a brush, make 4 dots at the front of each paw for toes. Let dry.
4. Paint small dark brown stitch lines around the edges of each letter with the detail brush.
5. When paint is dry, spray with gloss varnish.
6. Make a dog bone pattern large enough to accommodate the white alphabet stickers for dog’s name. Trace it on dark brown cardstock and cut out. Adhere it to red cardstock, and trim around it with pinking shears. Attach these two layers to white textured paper and trim edges with scissors.
7. Tie ribbons onto bone and then add sticker letters to spell dog’s name. Attach bone to letter O with tacky glue.