Dog Training Pad
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique™:PUL FabricStay-Dri™ Wicking Fabric - 2" larger than PULFold Over Elastic (FOE)- 1 or more pkgs.
- Dritz®:Mark-B-Gone™ Fine Point Marking PenQuilting™ Extra Fine Glass Head PinsQuilting Binding Clips
- 100% cotton or bamboo batting - same measurement as Stay-Dri x 2
- Omnigrid Ruler - 6"x24"
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Bowl or plate
1. Cut PUL to desired size. (To use a single 2 yard piece of FOE, cut PUL to 21"x18". For larger pad, FOE will need to be pieced - see step 4.) Use a plate or bowl to draw round corners on PUL and then cut off corners.
2. Using PUL piece as a pattern, cut 2 pieces of batting and 1 piece of Stay-Dri wicking fabric at least 2" bigger than PUL piece. On Stay-Dri piece, draw diagonal quilting lines 3" apart with Mark-B-Gone pen and Omnigrid ruler. Layer batting pieces and Stay-Dri piece (right side up). Pin along quilting lines. Quilt with a long straight stitch. Spritz with water to remove marks.
3. Center PUL on batting side of quilted piece. Use binding clips or pins to hold edges together. Baste 1/8" from edge of PUL. Trim batting and Stay-Dri even with PUL.
4. If making a large pad, stitch 2 pieces of FOE together with 1/2" seam. Trim and round seam allowance.
5. Start in the middle of one side. Fold FOE over basted pad edge and start stitching about 2" from end of FOE. Straight stitch 3/8" in from folded edge of FOE around entire pad. Stitch slowly and ease FOE around corners.
6. To finish ends, stop stitching about 1" to 2" from starting point. Make a mark on the pad between the stitches. Line up each FOE end with mark and transfer mark to wrong side of FOE. With right sides together, match FOE marks and stitch over mark. Trim as in step 4. Open seam allowance, fold FOE back over pad edge, and stitch edge to secure.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products