SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yard of interfacing
- 1 yard of black cotton fabric
- 1 separating zipper atom red 12"
- 3 novelty dog print fabric quarters
- 1 white fabric quarter
- Fray check
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut 2 8" by 12.5" of black fabric for body of bag.
2. Cut 4 8" by 12.5" of print fabric for lining of bag.
3. Cut 3 3.5" by 21" of print fabric for lining strap.
4. Cut 3 3.5" by 21" of black fabric for strap.
5. Cut 7" by 9" of black fabric for pocket.
6. Cut 7" by 9" of interfacing for pocket.
7. Cut 3 8" by 12.5" of interfacing for body.
8. Cut out a bone design of choosing on white fabric quarter.
9. Fray check bone design. Sit aside to dry.
10. Baste stitch, near edge of fabric, each black body of bag piece to an interfacing piece.
11. Baste stitch, near edge of fabric, pocket interfacing to pocket piece.
12. With all 8" by 12.5" pieces, lining and main body of bag, cut small squares at corners on one 12.5" end. Small square should be 1"x1".
13. With two of printed fabric lining for bag, place right sides together. Stitch a ½" seam allowance on lengthwise end that does not have small squares cut on.
14. Flip right sides out and press.
15. Place last 8" by 12.5" interfacing piece in between just sewn lining pieces and baste stitch all around.
16. For pocket, fold under ½" of all sides and press.
17. Stitch pocket to center of one of black body pieces.
18. Stitch bone design to body of bag in desired location.
19. Sew print fabric straps together and sew black strap fabrics together.
20. Should create one long strip of print and black fabric straps. With right sides together sew print and black fabric straps together. Turn right side out and press.
21. Pin straps on side seams, edges together, 3" away from bag opening, end without cut squares.
22. With right sides together place two body pieces together and lining/interfacing piece as well, stitch side seams and bottom with squares.
23. For corners, bring side and bottom seams together, with edges even and stitch across corners.
24. Flip right side out and press.
25. Attach zipper to bag opening.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products