1. Cut 2 8" by 12.5" of black fabric for body of bag.
2. Cut 4 8" by 12.5" of print fabric for lining of bag.
3. Cut 3 3.5" by 21" of print fabric for lining strap.
4. Cut 3 3.5" by 21" of black fabric for strap.
5. Cut 7" by 9" of black fabric for pocket.
6. Cut 7" by 9" of interfacing for pocket.
7. Cut 3 8" by 12.5" of interfacing for body.
8. Cut out a bone design of choosing on white fabric quarter.
9. Fray check bone design. Sit aside to dry.
10. Baste stitch, near edge of fabric, each black body of bag piece to an interfacing piece.
11. Baste stitch, near edge of fabric, pocket interfacing to pocket piece.
12. With all 8" by 12.5" pieces, lining and main body of bag, cut small squares at corners on one 12.5" end. Small square should be 1"x1".
13. With two of printed fabric lining for bag, place right sides together. Stitch a ½" seam allowance on lengthwise end that does not have small squares cut on.
14. Flip right sides out and press.
15. Place last 8" by 12.5" interfacing piece in between just sewn lining pieces and baste stitch all around.
16. For pocket, fold under ½" of all sides and press.
17. Stitch pocket to center of one of black body pieces.
18. Stitch bone design to body of bag in desired location.
19. Sew print fabric straps together and sew black strap fabrics together.
20. Should create one long strip of print and black fabric straps. With right sides together sew print and black fabric straps together. Turn right side out and press.
21. Pin straps on side seams, edges together, 3" away from bag opening, end without cut squares.
22. With right sides together place two body pieces together and lining/interfacing piece as well, stitch side seams and bottom with squares.
23. For corners, bring side and bottom seams together, with edges even and stitch across corners.
24. Flip right side out and press.
25. Attach zipper to bag opening.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>