Doily Dream Catcher
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Medium & small doilies of choice
- Pom beads of choice
- White cording of choice
- Button of choice
- Spectrum markers
- Ranger Ink Solvent (or rubbing alcohol)
- Fabric stiffener
- Foam brush
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Clean cloth
- White paper or plastic for work area
1. Take the smaller doily and place onto plastic or white paper. Use Spectrum markers and color areas of the doily with colors of choice. Leave some areas uncolored.
2. Squeeze the solvent or rubbing alcohol onto the doily and blot with a clean cloth. Colors will bleed. Apply more color with marker if desired. Blot and allow doily to dry.
3. Place large doily onto plastic sheet and apply fabric stiffener with a foam brush.
4. Place smaller doily onto the center of the larger doily and apply fabric stiffener. Make sure they are laying flat and allow them to dry completely.
5. Cut 3 sections of cording about 16" long. Knot the cord end of each section. String 3-4 pom beads onto the cords. Knot the cord in sections between the pom beads. Tie the cords onto the bottom section of the larger doily.
6. Cut a 12" section of cording and tie it onto the top center of the larger doily.
7. Slide a few pom beads onto the strand and knot the cording under the beads. Tie a loop at the end for hanging.
8. Glue a button and a pom to the center of the doily if desired.