Doily Lace Bottle Set, Martha Stewart
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:Adhesive Silkscreen –Doily LaceGlass Paint – (Frost Translucent) – Beach GlassGloss Opaque – Beach Glass, Wedding CakeLiquid Fill Translucent – Key Lime, Polar Blue, WisteriaGlass Paint Squeegee SetGlass Paint Stenciling SetGlass TapeSpray Paint System
- 6 clear glass and ceramic bottles and vases
- Brush basin
- Paper towels
- Foam plate
1. Wash surfaces in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Apply Wisteria, Polar Blue and Key Lime Liquid Fill Transparent with spray system. NOTE: There is no need to use a spray medium when spray painting with Liquid Fill Transparent. Tape off areas where desired before spraying. Apply a second coat if a stronger color is desired. After spraying carefully remove tape using craft knife to score along tape line.
3. Cut out desired design elements. Remove the backing from the silkscreen and set aside to later store the silkscreen. Silkscreen doily designs on glass bottles and ceramic pieces using Gloss Opaque Wedding Cake and Beach Glass Frost Translucent.
4. The squeegee is ideal for flat surfaces or large spaces. Apply a line of paint along one edge of the silkscreen. Place the squeegee above the line of paint and pull it down into the design area with light, even pressure. Use a smooth, fluid motion to spread the paint. Continue spreading until the paint fills the entire design area.
5. The pouncer is ideal for curved or intricate areas and small surfaces. Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load the paint sparingly on a pouncer, dab off excess, and onto silkscreen. Apply second coat if necessary.
6. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off the silkscreen. Wash and completely dry silkscreens before reusing. Let painted designs dry for 30 minutes before applying another silkscreen. Allow project to dry completely.
7. All painted glass projects should be cured to increase the paint’s durability. Use either of the following techniques:
8. Bake to Cure – Place dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
9. Air Cure – Air dry completed projects for 21 days before using.
10. Rinse silkscreens and tools immediately after use to remove excess paint. Do not allow paint to dry on silkscreen.
NOTE: Use only the Air Cure technique for projects decorated with Glitter Glass paints.