1. Prepare work space with plastic drop cloth.
2. Take fabric off of umbrella. Take out a seam or two to allow fabric to lay flat.
3. Lay umbrella fabric on plastic drop cloth.
4. Mix stiffy with water in large container (1 part stiffy, 5 parts water).
5. Dip doilies in stiffy mixture one at a time, wring off excess liquid, lay out doilies using umbrella fabric as a pattern, creating darts where needed and overlapping each doily slightly.
6. Allow stiffy to dry. Note: Using a fan will speed up drying process.
7. Sew doilies together with a zigzag stitch on machine.
8. Hand sew new doily umbrella to old umbrella skeleton.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>