SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 20-30 cloth doilies
- Large container
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Hand sewing needle
- Plastic drop cloth
1. Prepare work space with plastic drop cloth.
2. Take fabric off of umbrella. Take out a seam or two to allow fabric to lay flat.
3. Lay umbrella fabric on plastic drop cloth.
4. Mix stiffy with water in large container (1 part stiffy, 5 parts water).
5. Dip doilies in stiffy mixture one at a time, wring off excess liquid, lay out doilies using umbrella fabric as a pattern, creating darts where needed and overlapping each doily slightly.
6. Allow stiffy to dry. Note: Using a fan will speed up drying process.
7. Sew doilies together with a zigzag stitch on machine.
8. Hand sew new doily umbrella to old umbrella skeleton.
Select Color:Click on a swatch to check availability and Add to Bag
OUT OF STOCK
- Size 1/5 16/pkg