Dotty Crate with Drawer
- Wood crate with 1 drawer
- Soy Stains: Fruitwood, Cherry, Walnut
- Rubber gloves
- Old washcloth, soft rag
- Circle templates
- Ruler or yardstick
- 1/2" flat paintbrush
1. Using rubber gloves and an old cloth, rub the lightest stain, Fruitwood, over entire piece, on every surface that will be visible.
2. Stain the middle slat of the drawer Walnut; stain the 2 adjacent slats Cherry. Repeat for the other side of the drawer; include slat edges when staining.
3. Lightly impress circles on the front of the drawer and the top of the chest using the circle template and stylus. On the sides of the chest impress lines for 2 stripes of different widths, using a ruler and stylus.
4. Fill in the circles and stripes with either Cherry or Walnut stain. For different stain intensities, 2 or even 3 coats of stain can be applied to some circles and some stripes.