Double Blooms Fondant Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton&® foodcrafting supplies:Decorator Preferred Fondant: White (2-1/2 oz. makes 5 treats), Pink (3/4 oz. makes 5 treats)Roll-N-Cut Mat9" Fondant RollerBlossom Double Cut-Outs Set; straight edge smallest 7/8"), second smallest (1-1/4), third smallest (1-5/8") cutters usedFlower Forming CupsWhite Standard Baking Cups12-Cup Standard Muffin PanCooling GridWhite Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. TubPink Icing Color9" Angled Spatula
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
1. Make blossoms 1 day in advance. Knead 2 oz. white fondant with 7/8" diameter ball of pink fondant for light pink and 1 1/8" diameter ball of white fondant with 1" diameter ball of pink fondant for medium pink. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out 2 oz. light pink fondant and medium pink fondant, separately, 1/16" thick. Use straight edge of smallest [7/8"] blossom cutter and pink fondant to cut blossom. Use straight edge of second smallest [-1/4"] blossom cutter and medium pink fondant to cut blossom. Let blossoms dry on flower forming cups overnight.
2. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool.
3. Tint icing light pink. Use spatula and light pink icing to ice top of cupcakes smooth.
4. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out light pink fondant 1/16" thick. Use straight edge of third smallest [1-5/8"] blossom cutter and light pink fondant to cut blossom. Place largest blossom on top of cupcake. Use icing to attach two smaller blossoms together and then on top of the larger blossom. Roll out a 1/8" ball of white fondant, flatten slightly and use icing to attach to smallest blossom for flower center.