1. Lay the burlap flat on the ground and cut 24 rectangles, 8"x5" each.
2. To make a bag, pin two rectangles of burlap together matching up the edges.
3. Sew the sides and the bottom of the bag with a straight stitch and a 1/2" seam allowance.
4. Turn the bag right side out and press flat with the iron.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining bags.
6. (Optional) Once all the bags are sewn, use the fabric marker to draw a heart or whatever shape/words desired on the front of each bag.
7. With the scissors cut 11 vertical slits, 1/2" long each, around the bag 2" from the top edge.
8. Cut an 18" piece of ribbon and weave it through the slits. The ends of the ribbon should feed through the same slit at the front.
9. Fill with party favors and then pull the strings to tighten and tie a bow at the front.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>