Idea Market Drawstring Burlap Party Favor Bags
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Burlap (One yard of standard 60" wide burlap makes 12 bags)
- 18 feet (1 spool) of 3/8" ribbon
- One black fabric marker
- White thread
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Lay the burlap flat on the ground and cut 24 rectangles, 8"x5" each.
2. To make a bag, pin two rectangles of burlap together matching up the edges.
3. Sew the sides and the bottom of the bag with a straight stitch and a 1/2" seam allowance.
4. Turn the bag right side out and press flat with the iron.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining bags.
6. (Optional) Once all the bags are sewn, use the fabric marker to draw a heart or whatever shape/words desired on the front of each bag.
7. With the scissors cut 11 vertical slits, 1/2" long each, around the bag 2" from the top edge.
8. Cut an 18" piece of ribbon and weave it through the slits. The ends of the ribbon should feed through the same slit at the front.
9. Fill with party favors and then pull the strings to tighten and tie a bow at the front.