SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 roll each of Duck® brand duct tape: red, green, chrome, yellow
- Scissors or craft knife
- Cutting board
- Foam balls: three 2", three 1", five 1/2"
- Floral wire
- Foam wreath
1. Lay out strips of green Duck® brand duct tape on a cutting board and using a craft knife, cut them into squares. Pick up one square and pinch the middle so it bunches up a little and place on the wreath. Repeat until the wreath is covered.
2. To make the 4 poinsettia yellow centers, cut 5" of floral wire and bend it in half. Lay out 5" of yellow tape on the cutting board and cut in 1/2 lengthwise and then cut it into squares widthwise so that there are about 10 little squares. Take one of the squares and fold over both of the top corners so that it looks like a house. Repeat with the remaining squares. Wrap these around the top of the floral wire. This completes the center of the flowers.
3. To make the poinsettia petals, start with the 3 smaller middle petals. Cut 3 pieces of red tape, each measuring 5" long. Cut 3 pieces of floral wire, each about 2½" long. Lay the 3 strips of red tape out sticky side up and place the floral wire in the middle of the strip, making sure the end of the floral wire touches the bottom of the strip of tape. Fold the top half of the tape strip down over the floral wire so that the wire is sandwiched in between the duct tape. There should be a small amount of the adhesive side showing at the bottom of the petal. Using scissors, cut out a petal shape making sure not to cut off too much of the sticky side off the bottom. Wrap the petals around the yellow middle.
4. To make the 5 larger petals, use the same technique as in step 3, but cut the strips 6½" long and the floral wire 3½" long. Wrap these petals under and around the smaller petals. After making all four flowers, cluster them together on the bottom of the wreath by sticking the ends of the floral wire into the foam wreath.
5. Cover three large (2" diameter) foam balls and three medium (1" diameter) balls in chrome. Cover five small (½" diameter) foam balls in red. Secure the balls around the flowers on the wreath using small pieces of duct tape rolled up so that all sticky sides are exposed. Place these small pieces in between the balls and the wreath to adhere them.
6. Make a ribbon of duct tape taking a 20" long piece of chrome tape and fold it in half lengthwise. Tape one end of the ribbon and adhere it under the cluster of flowers. Weave it around the wreath until the ribbon runs out. Secure the other end with more tape and repeat to complete wrapping the entire wreath.
7. To hang wreath, take a piece of floral wire 5" long and bend it into a “V" shape. Stick the ends about an inch deep into the top of the back of the wreath and fold the excess up so it is flat against the back of the wreath. Use a small piece of tape to cover where the floral wire went into the wreath so that it doesn’t come loose.