Duct Tape Gingerbread House
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Duck Tape®
- Cardboard box
- Poster board
- Cutting board
1. Take the longer sides of the cardboard box and form them into a triangle toward the middle. Trace the ends of the triangle onto the smaller ends of the cardboard box.
2. Cut the smaller sides of the cardboard box into matching triangles to form the roof of the house.
3. Form a piece of poster board on top of the roof of the house so that it completely covers the top and tape it down.
4. Cover the entire house with brown Duck Tape®.
5. To decorate the roof, cut thin strips out of red Duck Tape® and create criss cross pattern. Cut out circles of Duck Tape® and place them in the middle where each criss cross meets.
6. For the trim of the roof, cut out a strip of white Duck Tape® that is the length of the roof. Create and cut out a scalloped design and place it along the edge of the roof.
7. For the windows and doors, cut out 3 small squares using white Duck Tape® and trim the sides and window panels with colored Duck Tape®.
8. Cut out holiday shapes such as trees, holly or candy canes using green, red and white Duck Tape®. Place them on the front and sides of the gingerbread house.
9. Embellish with multiple Duck Tape® colors.