Dye Stained Halloween Door Decoration
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rit® Liquid Dye - Sunshine Orange, Tangerine, Black
- 3 wooden plaques
- 2 thin strips of wood
- Small nails
- 3 wood letters that spell “boo”?
- Assorted Halloween embellishments
- Drill & drill bit
- Black heavy gauge wire
- 2 eye screws
- Wire cutters
- 2" foam paintbrush
- Wood glue
- Plastic spoon
- Latex gloves
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Plastic tablecloth
- Small container
1. Lay the 3 wood plaques side-by-side, face down on a solid surface.
2. Using several small nails and a hammer, tack the 2 thin wood strips across the plaques to hold them together.
3. Cover work surface with the plastic tablecloth. Put on latex gloves.
4. In the small container heat 1 cup of water in the microwave to very hot (at least 140?).
5. Add 1 tablespoon Rit Liquid Dye Tangerine and 1 tablespoon Sunshine Orange. Stir well using the plastic spoon.
6. Dye-stain the wood with the 2" foam paintbrush. Set aside. Allow to dry completely.
7. Repeat steps on the wood letters using Rit Liquid Dye Black. Allow to dry.
8. Glue the letters “BOO”? to the front of the assembled sign. Also glue the wooden Halloween embellishments of choice (ghost, spiderweb, spider etc.) around the letters.
9. Drill holes into top outer corners of sign; insert and screw the eye screws into the holes.
10. Measure and cut 36" from wire. Insert ends through screw eyes and twist to secure; trim ends using wire cutters. Tie ribbon bow around hanger; trim ends.