Earthly Love Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One-Step Fashion Dyes: brown, turquoise
- Think Green Iron-On Transfers: Heart Tree
- Express Yourself Iron-On Applique: Love Bird
- Tote bag, natural color, zippered
- Plastic trash bags
- Iron, pressing cloth, ironing surface
- Washing machine & dryer
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color & design placement.
- Cover work surface with trash bag. Wet tote bag with water, wring dry or place in spin-cycle of washer.
- Place damp bag on work surface. Smooth with fingers. Starting at one side, fold into 6ths, pressing folds flat.
- Wearing gloves from dye box, fill dye bottles with water to line indicated, then replace cap and shake well until dye is thoroughly dissolved.
- Squeeze brown dye along folds on bottom 3rd of bag, carefully lifting folds to add dye to inner folds. Repeat step with turquoise on remainder of tote along folds.
- Let set 4 to 6 hours. Wash in washer with small amount of laundry soap. Allow to dry; iron smooth.
- Remove backing paper from Heart Tree transfer and position on bag. Cover with pressing cloth, iron in place following package directions. Remove paper covering while still hot.
- Position Love Bird applique. Cover with pressing cloth and iron in place, being careful not to add too much heat to section covering Heart Tree transfer. 8. Follow label instructions for care of the tote.