Easter Egg Place Mat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd fabric for background & backing
- Three 1/4 yd pieces coordinating fabric
- 1/2 yd binding fabric
- 1/2 yd batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
- Tracing paper
- Trace egg shape on tracing paper to desired size.
- From coordinating fabrics, cut five 2" strips. RS together, using a 1/4" seam allowance, stitch strips along long edges. Press seam allowances towards darker pieces. Cut strip unit into eight 2" strips.
- Stitch 2" unit pieces together staggering center blocks. To straighten edges trim 1/4" beyond end seamed points, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Trim pieced unit to 14".
- Cut two 2"x14" strips for border. Stitch to pieced unit. Press seam allowances toward border pieces.
- From background fabric, cut 3"x14" rectangle, 7-1/2"x14" rectangle and 14"x17-1/2" rectangle (for back).
- Stitch smaller rectangles to pieced center unit.
- Layer pieced unit, batting & backing piece. Quilt as desired.
- Place egg-shaped pattern on quilted unit and trim.
- To bind, cut three 2-1/2" bias strips from binding fabric. Stitch together along short ends. Press strip lengthwise WS together. With raw edges even, stitch to right side of place mat. Turn & whip stitch to back of place mat.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd34298