Easter Egg Topiaries
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Three 4'" Styrofoam Eggs
- Three 3'" Styrofoam Balls
- Three jars white Smooth Finish paint for Styrofoam
- Three 3" terra cotta pots
- Acrylic paint: pastel yellow, light green, pink and white
- Three craft sticks
- Easter grass
- Low-temperature glue gun & glue
- Use the acrylic paint to paint the rims of the pots and craft sticks. Paint each rim inside and out a pastel shade. Paint three craft sticks each a pastel shade. Paint the bottoms of each pot white. Let dry, then glue a 3" ball into each pot.
- Create the pastel colors of yellow, green and pink Smooth Finish: Mix yellow into one jar, mix green into another jar and pink into the last jar until you get your desired pastel shade. Glue a pastel craft stick 1" into the wide end of each egg. Paint each of the eggs with two thick coats of a pastel color, allowing them to dry completely between coats. Set aside to dry. Use the remaining paint to add stripes and dots to the eggs as desired.
- Glue the craft stick from the egg, centered in the ball in the top of the pot. Glue Easter grass to cover the ball.