Easter Egg Wheel Barrow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam™ brand foam:
- Fuchsia spray paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- 4 craft sticks
- 1/4" wood dowel
- 1/2" pink pompoms, 2
- Ribbon: 1/4" pink, 1" black
- Serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun & glue stick
- Metal teaspoon
1. To create the wheelbarrow: Stand the egg up on the wide end and, holding the narrow end, use the serrated knife to cut about 1/3 off one side of the egg. The cut should be slightly curved inward to create the barrow opening. Use the teaspoon to “scoop” out the center of the egg to create the hollow barrow, leaving about a 1/2" thick wall. Cut opposite sides off the ball. This should leave about a 1/2" thick rounded disc left for the wheel. Spray the inside of the wheelbarrow and the wheel fuchsia, being sure to hold the can 12" away. Paint the outside of the egg blue.
2. Cut two craft sticks to about 2¼". Measure about 1/4" back from the rounded end of the craft sticks and make a cut into the side about 1/8" in using the serrated knife. Make another cut right next to the first cut to create a 1/8" wide groove. Cut two more sticks to about 1½". Cut two wood dowel pieces to about 3" long. Spray paint all the wood pieces and a toothpick fuchsia and let dry.
3. Glue the 2¼" craft sticks into the front narrow end of the egg, about 3/4" apart with the grooves facing up. Be careful not to push the sticks all the way through the barrel. Push a toothpick through the center of the wheel. Place the wheel between the sticks in the front, resting the toothpick in the grooves. Trim the ends of the toothpick to stick out just past the groove on either side of the sticks and glue a pompom to each end of the toothpick. Glue the pink ribbon around the edge of the wheel.
4. Glue the two 1½" craft stick legs, round side down, into the bottom of the barrow about 1½" in from the back of the barrow and about 1½" apart. Glue the two wood dowel handles into the back of the barrow, about 1½" apart. Wrap black ribbon to the ends of the handles.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products