Easy Easter Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
Easy Decorate Easter Egg Cookie Pan
Cookie Recipe: on Easy Decorate Cookie Pan
16"x10" Cooling Grid
Royal Icing: recipe below
Icing Colors: Rose, Lemon Yellow, Leaf Green,
Royal Blue & Orange
12" Disposable Decorating Bags
Easter 6-Mix Sprinkles:
Pink, Yellow & Lavender sugars
Cake Decorating Tip 3 Spring Nonpareils
Bunnies with Jelly Beans Icing Decorations
Sparkle Gels: Yellow, Light Blue, Light Green, Pink & White
Grease-free spoon or spatula
Stand mixer: preferred
1. Follow directions on pan. Prepare cookie dough. Press dough into pan, bake cookies & allow to cool.
2. Prepare royal icing. Divide icing & tint portions rose, yellow, green, blue & orange; reserve some white.
3. PASTEL COOKIES: Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag & stiff consistency icing to outline cookies. Use a cut decorating bag & thinned icing to fill in areas. Add nonpareils before icing sets. Allow to set 1 hour. Attach bunny icing decorations with dots of icing.
4. STAINED GLASS COOKIES: Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag & stiff consistency icing to outline cookies with lines or beads, or use sparkle gel. Sprinkle with sugars & allow to set 15 minutes. Fill in areas with sparkle gel and sprinkle with sugar, allow to set 1 hour. Attach bunny icing decorations with dots of icing.
ROYAL ICING RECIPE Makes about 3 cups.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• 3 tablespoons Wilton® Meringue Powder
• 4 cups (1 lb) sifted confectioners’ sugar
• 6 tablespoons water
Beat all ingredients at low speed for 7-10 minutes using a stand mixer, or high speed for 10-12 minutes using a portable mixer, until icing forms peaks.
THINNED ROYAL ICING: To thin for filling in, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of royal icing. Use grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly. Add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until icing is proper consistency.
TIP: Use a stand mixer to beat Royal Icing. It is quicker, easier and hands-free!