Easy Heart Fondant Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Decorators Preferred Fondant
- Plastic bag
- Gel food coloring: Rose
- Rolling pin
- Heart fondant cutters
- Wilton® heart pan
- Cake leveler
- Cake mix
- Cake seal
- Fondant smoother
- Add a baseball-sized amount of Decorators Preferred Fondant to a plastic bag. Dip a toothpick into rose-colored gel food coloring and knead into fondant until color is spread evenly and at the desired hue. Add more color if necessary.
- Roll out fondant into a 1/8" thick layer. Use heart shaped fondant cutters to punch out heart shapes. Add nonperils to hearts as a decoration, let dry.
- Bake cake in Wilton® Heart Pan according to recipe instructions (or use a box mix).
- When cake has cooled, use a cake leveler to create a clean, straight and level cake.
- Spray with cake seal (this will help reduce crumbs mixing into icing).
- Add a generous amount of buttercream onto cake, gently spread it around with an offset spatula in an even layer for fondant.
- Roll out large ball of fondant- about the size of two baseballs- in a shape that is about 3" larger than the cake so there is enough fondant to drape over the cake.
- If the fondant sticks to a rolling pin, simply knead a little powdered sugar into it.
- Drape the fondant over the cake and smooth with a fondant smoother.
- Add hearts onto cake with a dab of buttercream as “glue.”
- Allow to set about 1/2 hour. Keep in a cool, dry place until serving.
Items in This Collection
Item # zprd_13350244a
Available for U.S. Shipping Only