Easy Layer Cake and Ganache
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Meringue Powder
- Color Right™ Performance Color System (see Colors Tinted below)
- 12-pc. Cupcake Decorating Kit (tips 2A, 4B , disposable decorating bags used)
- Couplers (3 needed)
- Flower Decorating Tip Set (tips104, 224 used)
- Decorating Tips: 12, 3, 1, 2D, 21
- Flower Nail Templates (optional)
- Pre-cut Icing Flower Making Squares
- 1-1/2" No. 7 Flower Nail
- 6-pc. Flower Former Cups
- 15.25"x10.25" Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Marvelous MeringuesTM Meringue Mix (makes 24 cookies)
- 3-pc. Brush Set
- 14-1/2" x 20" Cooling Grid
- Bright White Candy Melts® Candy (4 oz. needed)
- Primary Candy Color Set
- 9" Angled Spatula
- Easy Layers! 8" Round Pan Set
- Creamy Decorator Icing – 4-1/2 lb. tub (3 cups needed)
- 11" Straight Spatula
- Royal Icing Recipe (6 cups needed) [link to recipe on joann.com]
- Freezer paper
- 14-1/2 oz. package yellow cake mix
- Basic Ganache recipe
- Use Color Right base color to make the following ultra-concentrated color:
- Orange: 1/4 cup white royal icing + 1 C + 3 Y
- Combine 1 tablespoon ultra-concentrated Orange with 1 cup white royal icing to make Pastel Orange. Save any remaining ultra-concentrated icing for another use.
- Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount™ color formulas to tint royal icing in the following shades:
- Spring Pink: 2 cups white royal icing + 27 P + 1 BK
- Summer Teal: 2 cups white royal icing + 6 B + 1 Y
- Reserve 1 cup royal icing white
- At least 2 days in advance, tint royal icing, following formulas above. Place tinted icing in decorating bags fitted with couplers.
- Also 2 days in advance, make royal icing flowers. For each flower, attach a flower template, if using, and an icing square to the flower nail. Make the following flowers in a variety of icing colors:
- Pipe two tip 104 roses with tip 12 bases.
- Pipe one tip 104 five-petal flowers with tip 3 dot center.
- Pipe two tip 104 pansies with tip 1 string loop centers.
- Pipe three tip 224 drop flowers with tip 1 centers.
- Pipe two tip 2D drop flowers with tip 1 centers.
Makes 10-12 servings.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton food-crafting supplies:
- Dark Cocoa Candy Melts candy (12 oz.), chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
In saucepan, heat cream just to boiling point. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add chopped Candy Melts, stir until smooth and glossy. Use as directed.
Makes about 1-3/4 cups.