Easy-To-Loom Dog Sweater
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sweater fits a 15- to 20-pound dog
- 8" Knifty Knitter Loom
- Knifty Knitter hook
- Yarn needle
- 1 skein Sensations Shaggy Yarn
- 1 skein Caron Simply Soft Yarn
- Following manufacturer's instructions, wrap yarn on Knifty Knitter Loom using the entire ring. Knit 10 rows to form the collar.
- Switch to Simply Soft and continue knitting another 10 rows.
- To form holes for legs, knit only pegs 1 through 9. Knit back and forth * for 9 rows.
- Cut yarn leaving 4" length.
- Beginning on the 10th peg, knit through stopping on the 31st peg.
- Again knit back and forth * for 9 rows.
- On the next row, knit all the way around and continue for another 12 rows.
- Cast off pegs 1 through 9 and decrease 3 stitches on each side.
- Knit 8 more rows to form sweater lower back, should be 16 pegs. Cast off and weave in any yarn ends.
- *When knitting the rows backward, flip the yarn as you cast on.
Easy-To-Loom Dog Sweater is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 4 out of 5 by No Name from Pretty Good This is a great idea! For the most part the directions were very easy to follow but, they could be a tad bit more clear.
Date published: 2015-03-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by Culookn from Flipping the yarn What does it mean "when knitting the rows backwards, flip the yarn as you cast on"?
Date published: 2015-03-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by sally from very simple Very simple instructions and easy to figure out. Worked up really quickly. I'm not sure what everyone is Complaining about. I prefer simple and to the point instructions. Thank you.
Date published: 2015-01-05
Rated 1 out of 5 by china from what? This is so not clear for beginners. They nor myself who has loomed gets this. Regardless what level because its loom knitting it should state terms/how to's clearly.
Date published: 2014-01-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by Julie from Not bad but collar area needs to be tighter It was very simple to figure out, but I have doxie's and the neck area is huge - I think I will try the pattern without the neck and go back after it is done and crochet the neck area on and reduce the size.
Date published: 2011-12-01
Rated 2 out of 5 by Stacey from Not for beginners I've never knitted anything in my life and had a hard time figuring this out. The instructions leave out some key items that I had to look up on the internet. Even then, I got lost and just had to make some things up. It came out okay but not great.
Date published: 2008-12-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from The directions need to be a little clearer.
Date published: 2008-11-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by Michelle B. from Quick and Easy and Oh So Cute! I did this for my sis in law's dachsund... so adoreable and really simple. Love it!
Date published: 2008-01-10