Ebb Tide Shawl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Shawl In A Ball: Healing Teal, 1 ball, or color of choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size J-10 (6 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- About 18" x 48" (45.5 x 122 cm)
- 9 dc + 8 ch-sp = about 4" (10 cm).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Shawl is worked back and forth in one piece.
- Ch 79.
- Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (counts as first dc and first ch 1), *ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in next st; rep across – at the end of this row there will be 39 dc + 38 ch-sps.
- Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch 1), turn, *dc in next dc, ch 1; rep from * across to ch-4 sp, dc in turning ch.
- Rep Row 2 until piece measures about 48" (122 cm) from beg, or until almost all yarn has been used.
- Fasten off.
- Dampen Shawl thoroughly. Spread a towel onto a flat surface, then lay Shawl onto towel and smooth into shape. Gently shape Shawl to match finished measurements. Use blocking wires if desired to further shape Shawl. Allow to air dry.
- Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)(s)
- ch(s) = chain(s)
- ch-sp = chain space previously made
- dc = double crochet
- sk = skip
- st(s) = stitch(es)