Polymer clay may stain. Clay may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Do not use polymer clay on unprotected surfaces. Work on a Sculpey® clay mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil.
1. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay conditioning machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
2. Use hands to make a round ball with 1-1/2"diameter.
3. Place the ball on ceramic tile and using thumb, start to flatten 3/4 of the ball. Use fingers to form 2 ears with remaining 1/4 of the ball.
4. Take a plastic egg and press down on the flatten part of the ball. Don’t press egg all the way down through the clay, only enough so the plastic egg can sit up without falling over.
5. With the plastic egg in place, use fingers to form bunny ears 3/4"x1/2". Smooth around the base of the bunny and to form the head.
6. Use 7mm Style and Detail tool to create 1/2" long impression inside each of the ears.
7. Use the clay knife tool from the Clay Tool Starter Set to sculpt a face for the bunny. Make a Y-shape on the front center of the bunny to indicate the nose and mouth. Add 3 lines on each side for whiskers. Make eyes with a 5 mm Style and Detail tool. Carefully remove the plastic egg from the bunny. Smooth out the impression with fingers.
8. Cut a 1/2" piece off a toothpick with wire cutters. Apply some Bake & Bond onto the end and insert into the center back of the bunny for the tail placement. Leaving 1/4" sticking out.
9. Roll a 1/4" ball with White clay. Insert it onto the end of the toothpick.
10. Ear Inserts: Mix some Turquoise and Pearl clay together and roll out a thin strip with an acrylic roller. With craft knife, cut two long oval shapes for the center of bunny ears. Apply them in the center of bunny ears ad use the 7 mm style tool to burnish them.
11. Flatten out a small piece of Ballerina clay with the acrylic roller . Use the craft knife to cut a small 1/4" triangle for the nose.
12. Create a graphic decorative design in the center of the egg cup. First mix a small amount of Pearl clay with each color: Fuchsia, Cadmium Yellow, Turquoise & Tranquility for a slight shimmer. Add a small ball of Fuchsia clay in the center. Add smaller ball around the shape in Turquoise and Tranquility. Use the 8mm stylus to burnish them into the clay. Add a small White ball of clay in the center of the Fuchsia and smaller ball of Yellow and burnish into the clay.
13. Bake in oven on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130°C) for 30 minutes per 1/4" [6 mm] thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. Do not use microwave oven, and do not exceed the above temperature or recommended baking time. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult. Begin by preheating oven to 275°F (130°C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Once cooled, lightly sand each piece before painting. Use a linoleum cutter to carve hair for each bunny.
14. Use a toothpick, to apply Plum paint for the eyes and to make White dots for inside of the ears. Use a paintbrush for the mouth and whiskers Plum. Paint the tail in Pearl White paint.
15. Once the paint has dried, apply two coats of matte glaze.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>