Elastic Key Fob
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique Products:
- 9? Red Dot FOE
- 9? White Ruffled Elastic
- Dritz® Products:
- Key Fob Hardware Set
- Wash Away™ Wonder Tape
- Sewing machine with 3 step zigzag stitch
- Basic sewing supplies
- Small piece of felt to protect fob hardware
1. Cut 9? piece of double-sided wash away tape and stick to center of FOE. Remove backing from tape.
2. Stick ruffled elastic to wash away tape on FOE. Make sure no ruffles are tucked under the elastic.
3. Stitch down center of ruffled elastic with 3-step zigzag stitch.
4. Trim stitched elastic strip to 8?.
5. Bring trimmed elastic ends together, with ruffled elastic out, and baste.
6. Insert basted ends all the way into fob hardware.
7. Use pliers to flatten the fob. Start with middle and work to outside edges. Place a small piece of felt over fob to avoid scratching the metal.
8. Attach split ring to key fob.